Infusing intellectual curiosity, academic excellence and democratic values, St. Mary's School provides an inspirational atmosphere that propels students into responsible citizenship - locally, nationally and globally.
- Grades 6-12
- Total enrollment: 468 (Middle School: 136 and Upper School: 332)
- Day students come from throughout the region, from northern California to Ashland to Grants Pass
- Boarding and international students come from China, Mexico, Korea, and Rwanda
- Overall student-teacher ratio is 11 to 1.
- Many hold advanced degrees, including two Ph.Ds and an Ed.D
- St. Mary's is the first Confucius Classroom in the United States, promoting Mandarin Chinese language instruction, travel opportunities, and intercultural understanding.
- 98% college-acceptance rate
- Extensive Advanced Placement program, including three lab sciences, four foreign languages, Calculus AB and BC, and Statistics.
- 100% of St. Mary's seniors take the SAT, and their scores far exceed local, state, and national averages. Click here to see our school profile.
- Interscholastic sports in the Upper School include cross country, football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, tennis, golf, and track and field. We compete at the OSAA class 3A level. St. Mary's is a five-time winner of the OSAA Oregonian Cup, which recognizes overall school excellence in academics, athletics, activities, and sportsmanship.
- Interscholastic sports in the Middle School include cross country, football, volleyball, basketball, baseball, and track and field.
- 24-acre campus with 8-lane all-weather track, five acres of athletics fields, gymnasiums, and multiple buildings.
- In 2012, we opened the Naumes Fine Arts & Athletic Center featuring a full gymnasium, fitness center, locker rooms, two art classrooms, and two music classrooms.
- The St. Mary's Chapel opened in 2012. This beautiful building has some of the most interesting architectural details, stained glass windows, and art that you will find in Southern Oregon.