Infusing intellectual curiosity, academic excellence and democratic values, St. Mary's School provides an inspirational atmosphere that propels students into responsible citizenship - locally, nationally and globally.
- Grades 6-12
- Total enrollment: 468 (Middle School: 136 and Upper School: 332)
- Day students come from throughout the region, from northern California to Ashland to Grants Pass
- Boarding and international students come from China, Mexico, Korea, and Rwanda
- Overall student-teacher ratio is 11 to 1.
- Many hold advanced degrees, including two Ph.Ds and an Ed.D
- St. Mary's is the first Confucius Classroom in the United States, promoting Mandarin Chinese language instruction, travel opportunities, and intercultural understanding.
- 98% college-acceptance rate
- Extensive Advanced Placement program, including three lab sciences, four foreign languages, Calculus AB and BC, and Statistics.
- 100% of St. Mary's seniors take the SAT, and their scores far exceed local, state, and national averages. Click here to see our school profile.
- Interscholastic sports in the Upper School include cross country, football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, tennis, golf, and track and field. We compete at the OSAA class 3A level. St. Mary's is a five-time winner of the OSAA Oregonian Cup, which recognizes overall school excellence in academics, athletics, activities, and sportsmanship.
- Interscholastic sports in the Middle School include cross country, football, volleyball, basketball, baseball, and track and field.
- 24-acre campus with 8-lane all-weather track, five acres of athletics fields, gymnasium, and multiple buildings.
- In 2012, we opened the Naumes Fine Arts & Athletic Center featuring a full gymnasium, two-story fitness center, locker rooms, two arts classrooms, and two music classrooms.
- We also built the St. Mary's Chapel on the front left corner of campus. This little Chapel has some of the most interesting architectural details, stained glass windows, and art that you will find in Southern Oregon.